New Ways of Flower Gardening
A flower garden is the place where flowers are grown in large quantities for decorative purposes. It is very important to maintain the flowers to bloom throughout the year by consistently monitoring the sequence of the flowers planted.
The flowers are seasonal and they bloom at different times of the year. Some of them die each winter. Hence, we have to take into consideration all these factors and try to maintain the bloom.
It is occasionally planned out in the combination of the other kinds of gardens like the herb garden. This result is dual advantage of the herbs, namely, assisting in the decorative function of the garden and the flowers are edible.
The most preferred combination of flowers used are perennial (i.e annual) and biennials. The annuals are self seeding plants and so a permanent flower bed is created and maintained in your garden. However, the biennials may not bloom until the next year.
According to this trend, the entire plan and design of the garden is prepackaged with separate packets for each variety of flowers. A careful layout is created later about the proposed pattern to be made. There are many sources available such as magazines, books, and online sites which provide you information about the tips for gardening.
Tips for maintaining the bloom of the flower all round the year are enlisted below:
• Step pruning can be adopted especially for the perennial flowers which would help them to bloom for longer periods. This method would help your plants in the garden to bloom in three steps and all of these would bloom in succession • Another effective method is to reseed the annual plants that grow faster. Plant the seedlings and seeds simultaneously in the garden. The plants growing from the seeds would hide the fading plants from the seedlings • Flowering plants spend a lot of energy and hence they should be given more doses of fertilizers than are usually provided.. The most recommended fertilizer for such flowering plants is balanced all-purpose fertilizer • Deadhead the plant by trimming the fading bloom off the plan. Avoid discarding the deadhead of the flowers in the garden itself as they may contain the diseased ones also. This method would assist the plants to be always in the bloom
Tips for flower gardening are enlisted below:
• In the initial stages, opt for small flower gardens. This will help to focus on more on the plants and flowers and also provide you practical experience.
• Avoid purchasing garden tools indiscriminately. Be equipped with the necessary and good basic gardening tools for the flower garden. Opt for borrowing these tools rather than purchasing them
• Prepare the soil bed yourself
• Keep the design and pattern simple
• Adequate water and sunlight are necessary for the gardens. Hence, you should ascertain that the garden receives ample of sunlight and also water is easily available for the garden
Thus, the above mentioned tips would assist you in tips for maintaining the bloom in the garden all throughout the year.
For more information please log on to http://www.mightygarden.com/flower-gardening.html