by Jim the Chin
Useful Gardening Tips
A garden is a treasure house of happiness for most owners. One can forget all their work tensions and stress of life by spending quality time in their garden area, but for that you’ll need a garden that’s not only lush green and colorful but a healthy one too. If you are just about to start setting up your garden, however small or big, some of these tips might be mighty handy for you.
– Plan a garden that you can easily maintain and also one that suits your home and personal needs. Often we make the mistake of building a large and fancy garden which cannot be maintained in the absence of additional help.
– Give your garden a multi colored hue, if you do not have favorable climate for exotic plants or flowers do not plant them since they would need extra care and the chances of survival are lesser. Often we make the mistake of planning a garden based on what we see in gardening books. It always makes sense to incorporate plants that are more suited to local climate and conditions and that which need minimum of care.
– Make your garden a riot of colors not only with the flowers you plant but also with trees that have different colored leaves. In the absence of seasonal flowers you won’t be deprived of color in the garden.
– Keep your garden weed and insect free, it makes for a healthy garden one where you can relax and your children can play safely.
– While buying new plants for the garden make sure they are healthy and well taken care of. Ensure that you have the right planting conditions and soil ready before bringing the plant home. You should check a new plant for shape as well as signs of disease and insects.
– If you have a large garden, you might think of decorating it with different ideas. Ornamental clay pots or earthen figures are often a good way of decorating the garden. Securing a reading zone or a reading area for you could be a good idea for all of those who love the idea of a good outdoor read.
– Buy yourself a set of good and sturdy gardening tools that you will be able to handle yourself. Tools should always be kept clean and away from small children. Allot a separate place for gardening tools as well as manure and pesticides; remember to keep them away from children.
– Introduces variety to garden decoration. A corner of your garden could be set up to be a small pond, replete with water lilies and lotus plants; it gives that exotic touch to your garden and relaxes you too.
Gardening is a relaxing recreation. For all of you who want to have that ideal garden, go ahead and plan for it, you could involve your children or take the help of friends who could pitch in to build a garden both relaxing and one that will be an integral part of you.